Let’s talk about seasonings! Seasonings are the different spices, herbs, and ingredients that can enhance the flavor of your food and give you a unique and memorable culinary experience… but did you know they can be used OUTSIDE the kitchen too?! Here are five different uses for seasonings you may not have thought of:
1. Hair Care: Mixing herbs like rosemary, peppermint, and lavender with your shampoo or conditioner can provide your hair with beneficial nutrition, help stimulate healthier growth, and strengthen your overall follicle health.
2. Home Remedies: You can use seasonings to create natural remedies that can help address certain health issues. Cinnamon, ginger, and garlic can be used to make an herbal tea to help combat cold and flu symptoms.
3. Natural Fragrance: You can use the essential oils derived from various seasonings to make your home more fragrant and inviting. Adding these oils to your diffuser, or mixing them in with other oils, can create smells that are pleasant to everyone in your home.
4. Insect Repellent: Many herbs and spices, such as mint and lavender, contain compounds that can help keep insects away from your living space. In fact, some compounds are so strong that they can even drive away cockroaches and other pesky critters.
5. Natural Cleaning Solutions: You can use additives like citrus oils and baking soda to make cleaning solutions that are just as effective as the chemical-laden varieties you have in the store. It's a great way to ensure your cleaning products are safe for your family and pets.
As you can see, seasonings are an incredibly versatile ingredient that have uses beyond the kitchen. Whether used to spruce up your home with natural fragrances, keep insects away, or prepare home remedies, there are plenty of reasons to add seasonings to your life!